21 hours ago
Following the most recent incident on the touchline, Jose Mourinho, Fenerbahce issued an official statement. Following this week's loss in the Turkish Cup, their manager was accused of "physical and verbal attack" on Galatasaray boss Okan Buruk. Former Chelsea and Manchester United manager Mourinho appeared to grab the nose of Buruk after the fiery encounter at Sukru Saracoglu Stadium.
Fenerbahce have accused Galatasaray manager Okan Buruk of throwing himself to the ground "as if he had been shot" following Wednesday night’s post-match drama.
Following the apparent grabbing of Okan Buruk's nose by their manager, Jose Mourinho, the Turkish team issued an official statement. After full-time, Buruk fell to the ground, and Galatasaray has since accused Mourinho of a physical attack. Fenerbahce say that Buruk exaggerated because they "provoked" the former Manchester United and Chelsea manager. "After our manager momentarily touched his nose in response to these provocations, the person in question threw himself on the ground in an exaggerated manner," the club stated in a post on X. "The images record the disrespectful words and actions of this individual, who professionally threw himself to the ground as if he had been shot as a continuation of his planned and excessive provocations. After a match in the Super Lig, Galatasaray said they would "initiate criminal proceedings" and accused Mourinho of making racist remarks. He received a fine and a four-game suspension from the Turkish Football Federation as a result of the incident. It is widely reported Mourinho could face further punishment for the latest incident on Wednesday night.
This person's tendency to fall to the ground, which he displayed while playing, is evident in his coaching career, demonstrating that this behavior is a characteristic attitude." The rivalry between the two clubs, which has grown since Mourinho arrived in Istanbul, continued in the fight. Galatasaray threatened legal action after a goalless draw in the Turkish Super Lig and said that Mourinho had made "racist statements." The manager then filed a lawsuit after strongly rejecting the claims. The Turkish Football Federation handed Mourinho a four-game ban and a fine of £35,194 for two separate disciplinary matters
Total Comments: 0