A year ago
Cristiano Ronaldo claims he is 'ready to damage' his iconic status after becoming a 'thing of hate' at Al-Nassr.
Former France player Christophe Jallet has questioned Cristiano Ronaldo's move to Al-Nassr, believing he is "about to ruin" his iconic status.
Ronaldo has been chastised by Al-Nassr.
He's been told he's becoming "an object of hatred" and that he's "about to ruin" his legend status.
WHAT OCCURED? Following his forced departure from Manchester United at the conclusion of last year, the five-time Ballon d'Or winner chose the Saudi club as his next destination, raising eyebrows. Despite an amazing 11 goals in 14 appearances, controversy has followed Ronaldo off the field, with post-match outbursts and public complaints becoming more common.
WHAT THEY SAID: According to Canal+ about the veteran forward, Jallet believes that this image is tainting the memories of a fantastic player who, in his opinion, should have returned to his boyhood club Sporting CP. "He has become an object of hatred," the former Paris Saint-Germain and France full-back said on the TV show "Canal Football Club." These are the kinds of things you don't want to see. He's a sports legend, and he's ready to ruin it all. I'd rather have seen him at his training facility [Sporting]. "I'm not sure why he chose this step."
THE BIGGER PICTURE: Not only is Ronaldo's image deteriorating off the field, but his fortunes on it have also suffered a huge setback. Al-Nassr have won just one of their previous four matches in all competitions, leaving them three points behind leaders Al-Ittihad in the Saudi Pro League, who have a game in hand. Their most recent meeting resulted in defeat, elimination from the King Cup of Champions, and a visibly enraged Ronaldo after the final whistle.
WHAT COMES NEXT FOR RONALDO? The Portugal star will look to recover from his team's recent setback in time for their next league match, which takes place at home against Al-Raed on Friday.
Total Comments: 0